This editorial board appreciates the community's support for the reopening of the Rose Art Museum this Thursday, Oct. 27.

By administering major renovations to the museum over the summer and early fall, the University has made a worthwhile investment in a wonderful art institution that serves students, faculty and community members. The reopening of the Rose also marks its 50th anniversary and the end of the Rose's recent controversial history.

Although the Rose was at the heart of a controversial decision in the University's history nearly three years ago after the Board of Trustees announced its intention to sell the museum's artwork, it has now become a staple of the University's identity.

At this point, the museum's presence is incredibly strong. The Student Committee for the Rose Art Museum has been very active this week, promoting events at the museum and otherwise enhancing its visibility on campus. Clearly, the University at large has deemed the Rose as important a priority as many other major institutions on campus, and students should follow through and take advantage of this unique resource.

Given the recent settling of the legal controversy surrounding the Rose, it is especially momentous that the upcoming 50th anniversary celebration will transpire in such an exciting fashion. As plaintiffs Meryl Rose, Jonathan Lee, Lois Foster and Gerald Fineberg decided to release and relinquish their claims against the University near the summer's end, the Rose has been able to progress successfully into a new era and host the finest works of modern art.

We encourage both students and the Brandeis community at large to celebrate this milestone and visit the museum, as it allows us to move forward and enjoy the academic and aesthetic benefits our campus' museum has to offer.