Following the departure of two academic advisers, Jennifer Kim and Megan Penyack, the Office of Academic Services has hired Natacha Cesare and Katie McFaddin as the two newest additions to the office.Additionally, Misty Huacuja-LaPointe has been hired to replace Sarah Hoenig as the Manager of Lerman-Neubauer Fellows and University Merit Scholars.

"The departures are because of very happy personal circumstances," said Dean of Academic Services Kim Godsoe in an interview with the Justice.

Cesare, now the adviser for undergraduates with last names starting with the letters A through E, completed her bachelor's degree in History and Art History as well as her master's degree in higher education at Boston College, according to an e-mail from Godsoe.

McFadden, the adviser for undergraduates with last names starting with the letters F through K, holds a bachelor's degree in Urban and Regional Planning from the Miami University of Ohio and a master's degree in Arts Management from the University of Oregon, according to the same e-mail. This fall, she will be presenting sessions titled "Picture Perfect: Demonstrating the Value of a Liberal Arts Education" and "Build Better Advising Relationships through Blogging" at the upcoming National Academic Advising Association conference. The conference is held by the National Academic Advising Association, which promotes and supports quality academic advising in institutions of higher education, according to the website.

Huacuja-LaPointe, manager of the Lerman-Neubauer Fellows and University Merit Scholars, attended Grinnell College in Iowa as an undergraduate and Iowa State University as a graduate student for Educational Leadership and Policy Studies, according to her e-mail to the Justice.

"Every time we are in the process of hiring someone new, we do the postings to places like higheredjobs.com, and our interview process always includes people within academic services," said Godsoe, who further explained that representatives from the Hiatt Career Center, the Department of Community Living, and the Department of Student Life and Affairs as well as students are also often asked to partake in the interview process.

This summer, students working in the Office of Admissions and Office of Student Financial Services, in addition to students on campus for summer courses and research were involved in the interview process.

The search for a new adviser for international students and students taking part in the Gateway Scholars Program is underway right now. The Gateway program places students in courses focused on developing skills in reading, writing, listening and speaking English, according to the Brandeis website.

"[The position has] been posted and we've done phone interviews," explained Godsoe.

"It's wonderful; they're bringing great new energy," said Godsoe of the changes.