The Student Union Constitution will undergo a compulsory review next month conducted by an independent Constitutional Review Task Force, according to Student Union President Andy Hogan '11.The review, which is mandated to take place every four years as per the Union Constitution, will be conducted not by a University administrative body, but departments such as the Department of Community Living may be approached for advice, Hogan said. The review will entail "a full review of all aspects of the Union, including the operation of clubs, secured organizations, and Union Government," according to the Union Constitution. The final report on the Union Constitution must be released by the task force by the first week of March, according to the Union Constitution.

Hogan said that a campuswide e-mail on how to apply to be a part of the task force will be sent in October.

"Our goal is to have some people appointed by [Hogan], . maybe Student Union people or people he knows from other organizations he thinks would be appropriate," Student Union Director of Communications Sydney Reuben '11 said.

The Union Constitution states that representatives from the Student Union Executive Office, Finance Board and Senate should be appointed or elected to join the task force. Representatives from the wider Brandeis community, including members of secured major media organizations, club sports and religious organizations will either be elected or appointed by their respective clubs, as per the Union Constitution.

Hogan clarified that the constitution of the Union Judiciary is a part of the Union Constitution and that both will be under review.

"I am considering starting [the review] in October so we have plenty of time," Hogan said. He said that he has no predictions regarding the outcome of the review.

"It's cool that [preparation for the review] is happening now because we're going to look over [the Union Constitution] and see what works and what doesn't work," said Union Vice President Amanda Hecker '10.