Lauren Rashford '10, the women's basketball team's starting point guard, injured her left knee at last Tuesday's practice, and coach Carol Simon "is assuming" Rashford will miss the rest of the season, Simon said. The team has not yet received the results of an MRI, but Simon added that she assumes Rashford tore her anterior cruciate ligament, one of four ligaments connecting the bones of the knee joint.

Rashford was going after a loose ball in practice when she injured the knee, according to Simon.

When asked about the injury, Rashford said, "I really won't know [the extent of the injury] until the end of this week. That's why I can't really answer much right now."

Rookie guard Morgan Kendrew '12 has replaced Rashford in the starting lineup in the past two games, but Simon said that might change in the future.

"It could rotate; it depends on who's performing, what we need personnel wise, who we go against," Simon said.

Rashford started the first 17 games for Brandeis this season, averaging 26.1 minutes per game.

She is third on the team in scoring with 8.1 points per game and is also third on the team with 44 rebounds.

Rashford has led the team in scoring twice this season, most recently in a 63-53 win against the University of Chicago at home Feb. 1, when she had a career-high 18 points.