Anybody surviving a screening of Seed of Chucky, the most recent installment of the Child's Play series, will realize once and for all that the horror genre has become a mix of stupidity and an embarrassing attempt at humor. People are no longer freaked-out by gruesome, senseless killings of innocent civilians, scary chainsaw psychos or burnt dream stalkers; nowadays, it's just too old and predictable. Seed of Chucky must not have gotten the memo. This horrible excuse for a movie takes place a few years after Chucky gets hitched to another psycho doll named Tiffany in the not-as-shameful Bride of Chucky (1998). We learn that the two have become parents to a sexually confused child (yes, it is also a doll), who brings them back to life by reciting an incantation to two different dolls. If you are going to bring somebody back to life, don't you need their original bodies?

Chucky and Tiffany then debate on whether their child is a boy or a girl-a Glen or a Glenda. Chucky convinces himself that his child is just a "late bloomer" and then he notices the necessary biological equipment is missing. Next, the new family tries to inhabit human bodies, including Jennifer Tilly's, who plays herself and Tiffany in the film. The dolls try to add to their family by artificially inseminating Tilly's representation of herself in the film. There is an obvious difference between disgusting and scary, which this film doesnt seem to realize. What went through Tilly's head when she accepted this role? Not much, apparently.

Chucky faces another problem when he learns that his ugly, pale child does not like to hurt people. He decides to take Glen, or Glenda, on a killing spree for a little parent-child bonding in order to change his child's mind. In one instance, Chucky bumps a car off the road driven by a woman who is supposed to resemble Britney Spears.

When the car explodes, Chucky says, "Oops, I did it again." One just has to cringe at this films pathetic attempt here to be funny while also feeling sorry for a killer doll who used to make us all bite our tongues in fright in his earlier, much scarier, 1988 original film. Then at least, Chucky was new, scary and exciting. Now his act is just old. In another low point, Chucky uses an axe to break down a door to get at Tiffany. The two duke it out, but by that point in the film, I had forgotten why they were fighting. I guess the mind does suppress bad memories.

When Chucky breaks away enough of the door to get a part of his face through, he says he has nothing to say. If a film is going to rip-off one of the greatest scenes of all cinematic history, at least do it in a comedy. Stanley Kubrick is probably turning is his grave right about now.

Even the Wachowski brothers are not safe from the movies poorly employed efforts at spoofs. Toward the end of the film, Glen/Glenda suddenly becomes a Matrix-like martial arts expert, doing slow motion flips and fighting his evil father. This left me very confused; when did Glen, or Glenda, learn to fight? And I thought he/she didn't like to hurt people?

Seed of Chucky is so horrible that it would be considered a cruel and unusual punishment to make one watch the film. Save your money and spend it on something else, anything else, just not this movie. To the producers of the film: Recognize how you're contributing to the current downward spiral of the horror genre and don't make another sequel.