The Great Lawn hosted a large birthday party on Thursday evening to commemorate Leonard Bernstein’s lasting impact on both the Brandeis community and the arts at large. Various festivities, including a slideshow presentation of photos from past Leonard Bernstein Festivals, took place throughout the night. The slideshow clearly conveyed the importance and excitement of the festival for anyone studying music. Complementing the slideshow were performances from Prof. Eric Chasalow (MUS) and a student-led band. The performances were so passionate and polished — a display well befitting Bernstein’s birthday celebration. Prof. Mark Berger (MUS) also gave a talk about the lasting legacy Bernstein left at Brandeis, demonstrating how truly loved and appreciated Bernstein is by Brandeis students and faculty. Inside the tent, cookies and a birthday cake helped partygoers celebrate Bernstein’s 100th. Arts lovers came together to mingle and collect their Leonard Bernstein bookmarks and literature packets. The party was a great way to begin the end of the festival, and also a great way to be involved with and learn more about the arts, especially music, on campus. Although Bernstein passed many years ago, his influence on the arts at Brandeis is evident.