Medical Emergency

May 22—A party in Ridgewood Quad reported a laceration on their hand. University Police transported the party to an urgent care facility for further care. 

May 24—A party reported a scratch on their hand. University Police transported the party to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care.

June 9—A party in the Shapiro Life Sciences building reported that they were bitten by a black labrador. The party refused medical treatment.

June 10—Staff in Ridgewood Quad reported that an individual could not get out of bed. University Police on the scene reported that the person had a family member coming to take them to the airport and no further assistance was needed.

June 10—Event staff in the Shapiro Campus Center reported that an elderly individual had fallen but was conscious and alert. The party was transported to Newton-Wellesley Hospital via University Police cruiser.

June 24—Waltham Police received a report of a party in the Abraham Shapiro Academic Center who was complaining of chest pains. The party was treated by Cataldo Ambulance staff and transported to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care. 

June 27—A party in the Science Complex reported that they were dizzy. University Police transported the party to an urgent care facility for further care.

June 29—Brandeis Counseling Center staff requested a psychological evaluation transport to Newton-Wellesley Hospital. The party was transported via Cataldo Ambulance without incident. 

July 5—A custodial supervisor in Gerstenzang Science Library reported that their employee had a chemical burn causing skin irritation. University Police transported the party to an urgent care facility for further care.

July 5—A party in the administration complex reported that they were feeling faint and believed they were possibly experiencing a heat stroke. University Police escorted the party to Health Services for further care.

July 12—A contractor in Village Quad reported that they were experiencing extreme stomach pain. The party was transported to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care.

July 20—A construction worker in Goldfarb Library reported that they suffered a lacerated thigh while working on the Goldfarb patio. The party was transported to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care. 

July 20—University Police received a report of a party suffering from chest pains and shortness of breath in the administration complex. The party was transported to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care.

Aug. 1—A party in the Gosman Sports and Convocation Center reported that they had sustained a small laceration on their hand while lifting weights. University Police assisted the party with a signed refusal for further care. 

Aug. 8—A party in the Sherman Function Hall reported that they were experiencing dizziness and chest discomfort. The party was transported to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care. 

Aug. 9—A party in the Gosman Sports and Convocation Center reported that they pulled a hamstring while playing soccer. 

University Police transported the party to Newton-Wellesley Hospital. 

Aug. 16—A party in the Charles River Apartments reported an adverse reaction to marijuana. The party was transported to Newton-Wellesley Hospital and DCL staff was notified.

Aug. 21—A party in East Quad requested BEMCo assistance for a nose bleed. University Police transported the party to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care.

Aug. 24—A party in East Quad reported that they were feeling ill. BEMCo staff treated the party with a signed refusal for further care.

Aug. 25—University Police received a call from the parent of a Foster Mods resident. The parent said that their child needed to see a police officer. The party did not answer a knock on the door or a phone call from University Police. The party was found unconscious on the floor and was transported to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care.

Aug. 26—A party in 567 South St. reported that they were feeling ill. BEMCo staff treated the party with a signed refusal for further care.

Aug. 30—A party in the Shapiro Campus Center reported that they had fallen down and struck their head. BEMCo staff treated the party with a signed refusal for further care.

Aug. 30—A party in the Foster Mods reported that they were having an adverse reaction to a bee sting. BEMCo staff treated the party with a signed refusal for further care.

Aug. 30—A party in the Shapiro Campus Center requested BEMCo assistance for an ankle injury. The party was transported to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care.

Aug. 30—A party in the Usdan Student Center reported that they were experiencing stomach pain. The party was treated by BEMCo staff and transported to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care. 

Aug. 31—A Sodexo employee in Usdan Student Center was struck in the head by a fallen kitchen pot. The party was transported to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care.

Aug. 31—A party in East Quad reported that they were feeling ill. The party was transported to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care.

Aug. 31—BEMCo staff treated a party in the Gosman Sports and Convocation Center for an ankle injury. University Police transported the party to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care. 

Sept. 1—A party in Renfield Hall reported that they were feeling ill. BEMCo staff treated the party with a signed refusal for further care, and University Police transported the party to Newton-Wellesley Hospital. 

Sept. 1—BEMCo staff treated a party in the Charles River Apartments with a laceration on their finger. University Police transported the party to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care. 

Sept. 2—University Police received a report of a party in Shapiro Hall who fell down and hurt their head. BEMCo staff treated the party with a signed refusal for further care.

Sept. 2—A party in Usen Hall requested BEMCo assistance for a fever and nausea. The party was transported to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care.

Sept. 2—A caller in Fellows Garden requested BEMCo assistance for an intoxicated party. The party was transported to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care.

Sept. 2—University Police received a report of an intoxicated party in Deroy Hall. The party was transported to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care.

Sept. 3—University Police received a report of an intoxicated party in a bathroom in the Sherman Function Hall. The party was transported to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care. 

Sept. 3—BEMCo staff treated an intoxicated party in Ridgewood Quad with a signed refusal for further care.

Disturbance

July 12—University Police received a noise complaint in Ziv Quad. University Police officers on the scene asked three parties to quiet down and go inside. The problem was resolved without incident.

Drugs

May 23—The area coordinator in Ziv Quad requested that University Police take possession of a glass pipe used to smoke controlled substances. The Department of Community Living will handle judicial sanctions against the pipe’s owner. 

Aug. 12—DCL staff in the Foster Mods requested that University Police take custody of drug paraphernalia found in an apartment. University Police compiled a report on the incident.

Larcency

June 1—A party in Usdan Student Center reported that their debit card was compromised. University Police compiled a report on the incident and the card owner notified their banking agency.

June 5—A staff member in Gerstenzang Science Library reported a stolen Jupiter 2 Laminator from a common area. University Police compiled a report on the theft. 

July 12—A party in Usdan Student Center reported that their debit card was compromised. University Police compiled a report on the incident.

July 18—A party reported that their iPad was stolen after it was left unattended in the library. University Police compiled a report on the incident.

Aug. 13—A party in Scheffres Hall reported the theft of cash from their unlocked room.

Harassment

July 20—A party in Pearlman Hall reported that they received a suspicious letter. University Police compiled a report on the incident.

Aug. 25—A staff member reported receiving a harassing email. University Police compiled a report on the incident.

Assault

Aug. 30—University Police investigated a domestic dispute near Village Quad. Waltham Police responded, and one of the parties was escorted off campus and given a written warning of trespass. University Police transported the suspect to the Newton Marriott Hotel without incident.

Other

May 22—University Police received a report of vandalism in the baseball dugout. The Facilities Department cleaned the area and University Police compiled a report on the incident. 

June 1—University Police received a report of vandalized fliers in the Science Complex. University Police compiled a report on the incident and will conduct extra patrols of the area.  

June 12—University Police received a report of damage to a bed in the Faculty Center. University Police compiled a report on the incident and Faculty Club event center staff will look into the incident.

July 12—A staff member reported an attempted fraud by check scheme. University Police compiled a report on the incident. 

July 14—A party reported that their vehicle was struck while parked in G-Lot. The other driver left a note and University Police compiled a report on the incident.

July 20—A staff member reported that their parked vehicle was struck in Kutz Lot. University Police compiled a report on the incident.

July 21—A staff member reported that their vehicle was struck in Kutz Lot, with no information left behind.

July 21—A party reported damage to his BMW, which was parked in the Theater Lot.

July 23—University Police officers assisted with traffic at a fire at 

Moody and Pine Street. 

July 23—University Police assisted Waltham Police with the evacuation of a senior living complex at 144 Moody St. 

July 25—Staff in the Gosman Sports and Convocation Center reported that a male party was refusing to leave the gym. The party left the area prior to University Police arrival, but University Police will review closed circuit television footage in an attempt to identify the party.

July 28—University Police received a report that construction crews working on the Castle area had violated a city ordinance by operating jackhammers at 6 a.m. University Police advised work site staff on the scene. 

Aug. 1—Waltham Police reported that workers on construction sites in East Quad had violated a city ordinance by operating too early. University Police checked the area and food no violation. 

Aug. 2—A party in the Sachar International Center reported that there was a snake outside of a room. Staff members were able to remove the snake and relocate it to the adjacent wooded area. 

Aug. 7—University Police responded to an accident at the Brandeis/Roberts Train Station involving an injured T employee.

Aug. 18—A party turned in some over the counter medication they found near the railroad tracks. 

Aug. 23—A University staff member received an emailed bomb threat. University Police notified proper authorities and the University was closed and evacuated. The campus was checked with nothing out of the ordinary found. Campus was reopened for business the next day. 

Sept. 2—A custodial supervisor in the Village Quad reported a box near the kitchen area. Upon further inspection, the box was empty and placed near the trash.

—Compiled by Abby Patkin