The University’s International Business School has hired Micha Sabovik as the new Executive Director of Enrollment and Student Success.

Sabovik is the current assistant dean of student and career services at Boston University’s College of Communication.

Her departure from Boston University was revealed to the student body in a March 2 article in the Daily Free Press, Boston University’s independent student newspaper.

According to the Daily Free Press article, Boston University faculty and staff were notified on Feb. 20 of Sabovik’s upcoming departure.

As the new Executive Director of Enrollment and Student Success, Sabovik will “oversee career services, admissions, recruiting and financial aid” at IBS, according to the article.

Her last day at Boston University’s College of Communication will be March 20, and she will begin officially working at IBS three days later, on March 23.

Sabovik wrote in an email to the Justice that she is “truly excited to join [IBS] in my new role as Executive Director, Enrollment and Student Success.”

As the Executive Director of Enrollment and Student Success, she will oversee the Admissions and Career Services teams.

Sabovik also said in her email that she will work “to ensure prospective and current students are well taken care of during their time at Brandeis and beyond.”

“My initial goal at IBS will be to engage with current students and alums to hone in on what it means to be ‘World Ready’ from both the admissions and career services perspectives,” Sabovik wrote.

Sabovik also said that she is excited to include more students and alums in the process as she works to update the current enrollment and student resources programs at IBS.

“I’ll then delve into the methods and means needed to make sure IBS students and alums are fully engaged in the process.”

Kate Salop, the Senior Administrative Dean at IBS, wrote in a statement released to the Justice that Sabovik will be a useful and welcome addition to the IBS administration.

“The deep and wide experience Micha brings to IBS will be invaluable as we work to create increasing collaboration across functional areas,” the statement read.

She also wrote that Sabovik will continue to “enhance [IBS’s] reputation for personalized attention and service.”

Sabovik is an alumna of Boston University, where she studied in the College of Communication and earned a degree in Journalism.

After graduating, Sabovik then worked at the College of Communication for 23 years in a variety of different fields, including positions in admissions, career services and student services.