On Sunday, the Senate convened for its last meeting of the semester to recognize several clubs, provide some updates and make some general announcements.

To start the meeting, Student Union President Sneha Walia ’15 made an announcement about the Senate’s State of the Union event, which was held last night from 6:30 to 8 p.m.

Samir Undavia ’17, the vice president of Deis3D, approached the Senate to ask that the club be able to change its constitution to vote to fill vacant positions. The Senate had a brief closed discussion and voted in favor of changing the club’s constitution.

Brandeis Association of Rising Dramatists approached the Senate seeking recognition and charter. Representatives explained that they hope to hold workshops. The Senate voted to recognize the club. BARD also asked for charter to fund productions. The Senate had a brief closed discussion and ultimately voted in favor of granting the club charter.

The mental health education group Active Minds asked for recognition and charter to establish a Brandeis chapter. The senators questioned whether a chapter would be necessary, as the Department of Community Living already has mental health services, but voted 17 to one to recognize the club. Representatives also asked for charter for fundraising events to pay the national organization’s annual fee. The Senate denied the club charter on the grounds that the current Student Union constitution prevents the usage of student activities fees funds to pay for fundraising activities that require students to pay for services or goods.

Aspiring technology journal Innovation also asked for recognition and charter. The Senate voted in favor of recognition. The club said charter funds would be used for a print version of the journal and an Internet domain name; the Senate voted to grant the club charter.

The Senate moved on to individual progress reports from the senators. Topics discussed include the ongoing efforts to use funds for a purpose other than the proposed ski trip, the overall success of the Turkey Shuttle, a potential archive of clubs to keep track of existing and previous clubs, possible Earth Week activities and planning for the Midnight Buffet, which took place last night.

The Sustainability Committee discussed compiling a report of on campus functions for general consumption. The Senate also discussed supplemental training for Brandeis Police, citing last month’s broken-up library party as a call for diversity training and training on how to effectively deal with students.

Members of the Campus Operations Work Group discussed recently approved items for the quads, including a new water fountain and vending machine for East Quad and a ping-pong table for Massell Quad.

Student Union Vice President Sofía Muhlmann ’16 announced Rosenthal Quad Senator Nimisha Shinday’s ’17 resignation.

The Senate will not be meeting until the spring semester.

—Abby Patkin