University looks to establish WhoCash use for vending
The University is working on a new initiative to allow students to use WhoCash to purchase from the Coca-Cola vending machines on campus, according to Chair of the Campus Operations Work Group and Class of 2014 Senator Andre Tran, .
This development came about due to a combination of factors, including student feedback, discussion with the Student Union Senate and a recent contract renewal with Coca-Cola, which opened up discussion as to how the system could be improved, according to Tran.
Tran, who is trying to help push this initiative through, said that the purpose of these changes is to increase the usage of the machines.
He wrote in an email to the Justice that the Senate is still in the initial phases of this project, but that the changes will hopefully be implemented sometime this semester.
"This has been in the back of the mind of the Office of University Services for a while. It just makes sense to have WhoCash work on vending machines," Tran wrote.
According to Tran, Director of University Services Dianne Qualter initially brought this idea to the Senate at the biweekly Campus Operations Working Group Senate committee meeting on Feb. 28. The committee continued to work with her, as well as directly with Coca-Cola, to implement this new system.
Tran wrote that the contract renewals with Coca-Cola were the final push to make this change to the system. As part of the renewal, many of the vending machines on campus were already updated or replaced. In order to make them able to accept WhoCash, they will install a card swiping mechanism at some point during this semester.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More thejustice News Articles
Recent thejustice News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THEJUSTICE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THEJUSTICE NEWS
RECENT THEJUSTICE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses
- Cengage Learning and Flashnotes.com Form Strategic Partnership
- PAOLO NUTINI CELEBRATES U.S. RELEASE OF “CAUSTIC LOVE”