Keeping their season on the right track, the women's soccer team continues their winning streak. The team has started off the season strong, with six consecutive wins against Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Lasell College, Johnson and Wales University, Eastern Connecticut State University, Babson College and most recently Tufts University. Two recent games both ended with a score of 1-0. Looking ahead, the homecoming game against Case Western Reserve University is quickly approaching on Sept. 29.

Last Saturday, Sept. 22, the Judges went head to head with Tufts University. The undefeated Judges beat the opponents 2-1. The Judges are currently ranked 11th place in Division III, as stated by D3soccer.com. 15 minutes after the start of the game, Amanda Fernbach ’20 scored the first goal of her career. 

In the first half, goalie Sierra Dana ’20 made two saves and it was not until the 69th minute of play that Tufts scored their first goal. Brandeis player Victoria Richardson ’20 made two stops in 35 minutes and inn the 80th minute, Dana made two more saves in regulation and in overtime, totaling six saves in 61 minutes of the game. Finally, in the 97th minute, Daria Bakhtiari ‘21 shot the penalty kick, winning the game. This was the third goal of Bakhtiari’s career and her second game-winning point. 

Coming into the game, Tufts was undefeated and had not surrendered a single goal. The Judges improved to 3-0-2 in their last five meetings with Tufts. 

In an email to the Justice, Kerin Miller ’20 stated, “We have a ton of talent and the depth to really go far this season. I'm excited to see what this team is capable of!” Continuing their winning streak, the Judges push forward toward the homecoming game and look forward to the rest of an amazing season.