Instead of vacationing in the Carribean or spending quality time at home, the Brandeis men’s tennis team spent their break taking on multiple nationally ranked opponents and dispensing all but one wtih absolute ease. The Judges faced all of these challenges head on and had an incredibly successful stretch, winning eight of their last nine matches since the break. Their only loss came at the hands of Bowdoin College, the number-two Division III men’s team in the nation. 

Judges 5, MIT 4

The Judges were able to pull out a win in a close game against the Massachusetts Institute of Technology on Thursday. In doubles action, the Engineers opened up the scoring as Das and Vohra were defeated by Tyler Barr and Victor Cheng of MIT. Brandeis was quick to respond, winning the next two doubles contests to go into singles action with an advantage. Jackson Kogan ‘19 and Tyler Ng ‘19 defeated Pablo Ampudia and Michael Zhao of MIT at doubles on court no 2. David Aizenberg ’20 and Anupreeth Coramutla ’21 won their doubles match 9-8, taking the tiebreaker 7-4. Kogan, Aizenberg, and Vohra were not successful in winning their singles matches, but Das, Ng and Cihlar made up for it, bringing the total score to 5-4 and giving the Judges a hard earned victory. 

Judges 3, Bowdoin 6

The Judges were again successful in doubles action, but could not maintain their early lead. The usually reliable doubles team of Aizenberg and Coramutla fell to Luke Tercek and Grant Urken of Bowdoin College. However, the team of Das and Vohra were victorious, winning their match against Justin Patel and Gil Roddy of Bowdoin. Kogan and Ng rounded out the day’s doubles action, winning 8-6. In singles action, the Judges could not keep up the momentum. Das was the only Brandeis athlete who won their singles match, bringing the total score to 6-3. 

Judges 7, Bentley 2

The Judges won the annual battle for Waltham, defeating Bentley University by a score of 7-2. In doubles action, the usual duos were all successful for the Judges. Kogan and Ng defeated Brendan McCarthy and George Samander of Bentley. Nikhil Das and Rajan Vohra were victorious against Michael Fuca and Brett Gilman of Bentley. Coramutla teamed up with Eric Goldberg to face Kendall Au and Dylan Granat of Bentley. They were victorious by a score of 8-6. Coramutla, Saal, Das and Vohra all won in singles bringing the total score to 7-2. 

Judges 7, NYU 2

The Judges opened up the day with a 2-1 doubles lead yet again. Aizenberg and Coramutla defeated Umberto Setter and Zeb Zheng of NYU by a score of 8-5. Das and Vohra won their match against Vishal Walia and Rahul Das 8-6. Aizenberg, Vohra, Das, Ng and Wolfe all won their respective singles matches. 

Judges 7, Babson 2

The Judges got off to a hot start in doubles action. The usual teams of Coramutla and Aizenberg, Ng and Kogan, and Das and Vohra continued their dominance. Vohra, Das, Ng and Aizenberg were all victorious in singles action, bringing the combined score to 7-2.