At the weekly Senate meeting on Sunday, Student Union Vice President Hannah Brown ’19 announced that Allocations Board member Kate Kesselman ’19 was voted representative to the Community Emergency and Enhancement Fund.

The Freedom of Expression Committee has had low attendance, and Brown reiterated the need for Union members to attend the meetings.

Brown discussed the problems with free printing in the Intercultural Center, stating that students would often disrupt ICC classes and lectures to utilize the service. She suggested that a printing quota be put in place, with a certain number of free pages allowed for each student.

Union Judiciary Chief Justice Lilly Hecht ’18 reported that one of the Judiciary members will be leaving the Allocations Board.

Brown and Senator-at-Large Aaron Finkel ’20 reported on Brandeis’ extremely low Net Promoter Score, which gauges how likely alumni are to recommend the University. Finkel discussed a presentation given last year by consultant Mark Neustadt about branding and told the Senate the main concerns of students and alumni. 

Campus Operations Working Group chair Shaquan McDowell ’18 reported that the trial run of the free menstrual products initiative had started, with products being distributed in six bathrooms around campus.

Sustainability Committee Chair Benedikt Reynolds ’19 reported that the committee will be choosing its initiative this week.

Club Support Committee Chair Tal Richtman ’20 reported that he met with Graduate Assistant for Leadership in the Department of Student Activities Elise Yonika. The committee will be having a workshop about  “team and project management” in collaboration with Student Activities to provide more resources for students to help club leaders to work together. 

Richtman reported that there are 20 clubs that had not submitted a renewal for legally obligatory anti-hazing and renewal forms and thus would be de-chartered and de-recognized. The Senate voted to de-recognize and de-charter the clubs.

Health and Safety Committee Chair Samantha Barrett ’20 reported that in addition to the free menstrual product trial run, the committee is also working on better campus accessibility for students with disabilities and safe drinking initiatives.

Dining Committee Chair Jonathan Chen ’20 reported that his committee will conduct a survey on dining after finalizing it with Sodexo. Sodexo is also doing a price adjustment on Hoot Market items, with some prices being raised and others being lowered.

Finkel, the Services and Outreach Committee chair, reported on the progress with the Thanksgiving Turkey Shuttles, which will go to New York’s Penn Station, Newark and Boston Logan Airport. Tickets went on sale yesterday.

The Senate discussed a Senate Money Resolution for the Turkey Shuttles and the possibility of lowering ticket prices for the shuttles. Barrett raised the issue of the SMR’s timing, as tickets went on sale Monday and some students may not have heard the announcement of lower ticket prices before purchasing tickets. The Senate would have to use part of its budget to foot the bill for the lowered ticket prices.

The Senate voted to pass the SMR and lower the prices of the Turkey Shuttle tickets.

In senator reports, Class of 2021 Senator Rachel McAllister said that she posted a forum online gathering the concerns of the class of 2021, with the main concern being dining options.

McDowell scheduled a meeting with Brenda Cummings of Borrowing Services regarding problems with first-years borrowing from the library and accruing charges for overdue items. 

Charles River Senator Oliver Price ’20 reported that he and the Dining Committee will begin meeting with Sodexo regarding changes in meal plan options.

North Quad Senator Josh Hoffman ’21 has submitted a request for the addition of a urinal in the Cable Men’s bathroom.

—Emily Blumenthal