Brandeis has named the former Combined Jewish Philanthropies of Boston senior vice president of strategic development as its new lead fundraiser, according to a Sept. 7 email announcement from University President Ronald Liebowitz. 

CJP’s Zamira Korff will begin as the University’s new senior vice president of institutional advancement on Oct. 23, according to the announcement. 

“Brandeis has a deeply inspiring mission, and I am both thrilled and honored to have been chosen to lead philanthropic strategy and activity in support of that mission,” Korff said in the announcement. 

“Fundraising is about realizing our best hopes and dreams, and I believe Brandeis, under the bold and passionate leadership of President Ron Liebowitz, has a truly extraordinary vision for the future,” she added. 

Korff spent nearly two decades with CJP, raising $55 million annually alongside 2017 University honorary degree recipient Barry Shrage, the organization’s president. 

Korff’s predecessor, Nancy Winship, stepped down in June, having raised approximately $1.5 billion over her 23 years at the University.

Liebowitz wrote in the announcement that Korff brings to Brandeis a “proven track record in establishing a philanthropic strategy and leading creative and highly successful campaigns that deeply resonate with donors.” 

A graduate of the School of International Service at American University, Korff joined CJP as the director of the women’s division in 1997, advancing to senior vice president of strategic philanthropy in 2015.

In that role, she worked with CJP’s top donors, leading a capital campaign of over $12 million and raising $55 million annually to support CJP’s operations and community programs, according to the announcement. 

She served as legislative aide to the Senate Foreign Relations Subcommittee on European Affairs prior to coming to Boston, helping to create initiatives and market development in Eastern Europe on behalf of then-Senator Joe Biden, per the announcement. 

Korff did not return requests for interview as of press time. 

—Abby Patkin