“I will dance here or there, I will dance everywhere!” Adagio performed the spring semester show in Levin ballroom at 8 p.m. on Saturday night. The room was filled with parents and students, all there to support the dancers and to watch some well-performed numbers. The show consisted of 22 dances, mixed with contemporary and freestyle dancing, with some hilarious commentary introducing each performance according to the theme for the night, Dr. Seuss. The theme tied into each transition from dance to dance and how they titled their performances. As the show was first starting, there were what seemed to be unsettled rumbles from the audience as they were uncertain what they were there to see, but, as the show got going, each member of the audience was on the edge of their seats, either raving about the last performance or anticipating the next one.

The show started with a beautiful piece to the song “Sail” by Awolnation, consisting of five synchronized dancers and a sixth dancer telling the story. Featuring some simple face paint designs and similar shirts, the dancers added to the beautiful effect of the song with rhythm and grace.

In the dance number named “Dance Party,” everyone worked well as a unit, making the audience feel the music just like I assume the dancers were. This performance had many songs, but the dancers transitioned in a way that connected them into one outstanding performance. Following this performance was a piece named “Devotion,” performed to the song “Book of Love”. The dancers all wore dark red dresses, and the piece was simply elegant. The formation of dancers on stage changed from the start of the dance to the end as the dancers gracefully moved around the stage. The announcers smoothly transitioned to the next performance titled, “Found,” with witty comments about losing and then finding jokes.

A few performances later in a dance titled “715 Creeks,” the audience was pushed back into attention with lots of movement from the dancers and choreography with lots of movement done by David Dropkin ’20. The next number, “Stronger Still,” done to “Diamonds” by Johnnyswim, had amazing flow. With good transitions, the performers of this piece all brought forth beautiful synchronization.

One of the most inspirational pieces of the night was “Heathens,” choreographed by Haley Director ’20 and Yvette Sei ’20.

It shed light on a story about people who didn’t belong that was eye-opening for the audience. Another outstanding piece during the show was “Unsteady.” The dancers moved in a way that was quite peaceful to watch even though the song was all about being unsettled. Even the attire worn by the dancers was calming, making the lulling dance mesmerizing to watch.

“Confident” — the perfect balance to the “Unsteady” song — came up soon after. The dancers’ movement on stage was so confident that it had a powerful impact for the audience. Another, very powerful dance was “Ruminxn,” co-performed by the Brandeis Adagio Club and the Brandeis Ballet Club.

Each dancer brought their skills and talents to the number, creating a beautiful balance onstage. All the dancers worked together to bring harmony and movement to the music in a way that was jaw-dropping for the audience.

For instance, the Adagio dancers came out first and ended in a circle around the stage. The Ballet Club dancers came out next and danced in the center of the Adagio dancer circle. With some dancers on the ground, levels were brought into the dance, creating an unusual harmony, which made the audience feel connected to the music.

The last two numbers of the night were “Stop This Train,” choreographed by Lisa Petrie ’17 and “Define,” choreographed by Sara Langtry ’20. “Stop This Train” was simple yet elegant, while “Define” was unpredictable and unexpected, yet filled with fun movements, making it equally enjoyable to view.

All of the excitement from the show was calmed down by these numbers, as they reminded the audience why we came to watch dance in the first place.

While not all the dancers throughout the show were always coordinated or synchronized, Adagio dancers were all beautiful and diverse.

In addition, not all the dancers were at the same level with the same skills, but they worked together and seemed to be having lots of fun.

The dancers’ enthusiasm and energy made the show so much fun to attend. The Adagio semester show is something that makes audience members want to try dancing if they haven’t, and truly miss it if they have.

—Editor’s Note: Brooke Granovsky ’18 is a member of Adagio and is a writer for the arts section of the Justice. Yvette Sei ’ 20 is also a member of Adagio and is an Editorial Assistant for the Justice.