Medical Emergency

March 13—Waltham Police reported a 911 call to University Police regarding a party who fell outside Rosenthal Quad. University Police responded with BEMCo staff, and the party was treated with a signed refusal for further care. 

March 13—University Police received a report of a party in Slosberg Music Center with a possible case of food poisoning. BEMCo staff treated the party, who was transported to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care. 

March 15—A party in the Gosman Sports and Convocation Center reported a head injury. BEMCo staff treated the party with a signed refusal for any further care. 

March 15—BEMCo staff responding to an earlier call found an intoxicated party vomiting in a stairwell in East Quad. BEMCo staff treated the party, who was transported to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care.  

March 15—A party reported that they had fallen on ice near Kutz Hall. BEMCo staff treated the party, who was transported to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care. 

March 15—University Police received a report of a party who had fallen and struck their head outside Schwartz Hall. BEMCo staff and University Police responded, and the party was transported to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care. 

March 15—University Police received a report of a non-student party in Theater Lot who was concerned for their safety. University Police spoke with the party and both parties agreed upon a voluntary psychiatric evaluation. The party was transported to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care. 

March 16—University Police received a report of a party with flu-like symptoms in Gordon Hall. The party was treated on scene with a signed refusal for further care. 

March 18—An Uber driver was pulled over at the Main Entrance due to an intoxicated party getting sick in the vehicle. University Police identified the party as a student and ensured that the party was with a sober friend who could assist them back to their residence. 

March 18—A party in Ziv Quad reported that they scraped their knee. The party was treated by BEMCo staff with a signed refusal for further care. 

Drugs

March 13—Department of Community Living staff found a class D substance in the Charles River Apartments while performing room inspections. University Police confiscated the contraband, with a report and a Community Standards Report follow-up to come. 

March 16—DCL staff in Deroy Hall reported discovering marijuana. University Police confiscated the contraband and compiled a report, with a CSR follow-up to come,

March 17—DCL staff found a class D substance in the Foster Mods. University Police confiscated the contraband and compiled a report, with a CSR follow-up to come. 

March 17—DCL staff found a class D substance and drug paraphernalia in the Foster Mods. 

Larceny

March 18—A party in the Foster Mods reported items missing from their unlocked room. University Police compiled a report on the incident.

Other

March 16—University Police received a report of a strange letter delivered to a staff member in the Bernstein-Marcus Administration Center, with a report on the incident to follow.

March 17—University Police compiled a report on a computer scam in North Quad.

March 19—A manager at the Stein reported that four parties were in the Sherman Dining Hall lower level after hours. The parties fled after the manager’s arrival, and University Police were unable to locate them. University Police observed no apparent forced access to the area and compiled a report on the incident. 

—Compiled by Abby Patkin