In an email sent to the University’s office captains on Wednesday, Student Activities Operations Specialist Darryl David ’09 announced that he would be stepping down from his position and transitioning from the University “on to new adventures.”

“Thank you all for everything & I look forward to the legacy you all will leave at this fine institution,” David wrote in the email.

In an email to the Justice, Assistant Dean of Students and Director of Student Activities Stephanie Grimes wrote that David has left his position to pursue a career as a professional disc jockey.

“He has been DJing part time since he was a student,” Grimes wrote. “He will be pursuing this career full time.”

David also announced that Student Activities Specialist Robbie Steinberg ’13 would be the “go to person” on office captains’ building concerns. As of press time, David could not be reached for comment.

Grimes noted in a separate email to the Justice that all of David’s responsibilities would be split up amongst the Student Activities staff.

“We have posted the position and hope to fill it as soon as possible. In the meantime, the Student Activities staff has split up his responsibilities. Kelly Whiffen will spearhead the reservations for the Campus Center, Robbie Steinberg will assist with club needs associated with the building … including office access and storage, and I will oversee the Campus Center Team,” she wrote.

“We hope to have someone in place by end of October at the latest,” Grimes added.

In an email to the Justice, Steinberg described the specific responsibilities he will be taking on until David’s replacement is found. “I am the point person for Club Offices within the SCC, so I’ll be helping them with card access and other issues as they arise. I am also in charge of card access for all spaces within the SCC,” he said.

“I’m looking forward to meeting new students and new student groups that I haven’t had a chance to interact with yet, since I will be talking to the Club Officers so frequently,” Steinberg added.

After graduating from the University in 2009 with a Bachelor’s degree in Sociology, David “spent two years working with Orchard Garden Pilot School’s special needs community and one year prior as the METCO Specialist at Lincoln Sudbury Regional HS,” according to his biography on the Student Activities staff page. David first joined the Student Activities staff in 2012.