The men and women’s track and field teams traveled to Emory University for the University Athletic Association Championships last weekend, securing a number of individual medals and earning two seventh-place finishes.

Kelsey Whitaker ’16 won her first collegiate UAA title in the women’s 1,500-meter run, stopping the clock at the four minute, 38.94 second mark in Sunday’s race. Her time was nearly a full second faster than that of Carnegie Mellon University junior Erin Kiekhaefer, who took second in the race.

The Judges also placed three other runners in the top-15 of the race, as Kristi Pisarik ’15 took home a fourth-place finish in 4:41.15, missing out on the podium by just under a second. Kyra Shreeve ’18 ran to a 4:54.18 time, good for 11th place, while Ashley Piccirillo-Horan ’17 earned 14th place, stopping the clock at 4:57.55.

Mohamed Sidique ’15 earned his third career title in the men’s triple jump with a distance of 14.10 meters. Sidique registered his title-winning jump on his final jump of the day, 35 inches further than the second-place competitor from the host Eagles. Sidique also took home a fifth-place finish in the long jump at 6.46 meters, an improvement on his 6.39-meter jump in the qualifying round.

Brian Louis ’16 and Adam Berger ’15 also competed in the triple jump, taking home ninth and 10th places, respectively. Louis ended the competition with a jump marking 12.83 meters while Berger was not far behind at 12.44 meters.

Alyssa Fenenbock ’15 earned a third-place finish in the women’s javelin throw, registering a toss of 34.71 meters to earn her first career All-UAA honor. Fenenbock finished just ahead of Ashley Klein ’16, whose 33.84-meter throw was enough for a fourth-place finish.

Halina Burhans ’18 earned a sixth-place finish in the women’s 200-meter dash with a time of 26.69 seconds. She also qualified for the finals in the 400-meter dash, running to a solid fifth-place finish in 58.30 seconds. 

Tove Freeman ’16 claimed eighth in the 400-meter dash, stopping the clock at 1:00.17.

Kate Farrell ’17 grabbed seventh place in the women’s 5,000-meter run, crossing the finish line with a time of 18:34.05. 

Her time was just over a second out of sixth place and more than 10 seconds faster than the next competitor. Lydia McCaleb ’18 took 13th in the race, stopping the clock at 19:23.85.

Ryan Stender ’18 picked up a 12th-place finish in the men’s 1,500-meter run, crossing the line at 4:05.72. 

He was closely followed by Mitchell Hutton ’18, who earned a 13th place finish in 4:06.54.

The quartet of Chi Tai ’15, Adam Berger ’15, Adam Beckwith ’18 and Nick Wactor ’17 took fourth in the men’s 4x100-meter relay, running to a combined time of 45.70 seconds. Mark Franklin ’17 earned a tie for fifth place in the men’s high jump, reaching 1.81 meters, just five centimeters out of fourth place. Jonathan Gilman ’15 grabbed sixth in the men’s javelin throw with a distance of 50.37 meters, 1.1 meters out of fifth place.

The women’s squad finished the championships with 42 points while the men earned 31.5 points, both good for seventh-place finishes at the championships. 

Both teams return to action this weekend for the New England Division III Outdoor Championships, hosted by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.