After a busy week that featured five games, the baseball team took its record to 12-19 overall. The team won both games of a doubleheader against Trinity College on Sunday afternoon, 4-2 and 3-1. The squad lost to Salve Regina University 14-7 on Friday, 10-7 against Gordon College on Thursday and 7-5 against Curry College on Wednesday. 

Judges 4, Trinity 2

In the second game of Sunday, the Judges were able to pull through due to dominant pitching and timely hitting. Pitcher Sam Miller ’16 threw a complete game for the squad, going seven innings while only allowing two earned runs on five hits. Miller struck out five batters while giving up two walks and two home runs. The contest marked Miller’s fifth complete game of the season, which leads all University Athletic Association conference pitchers. 

On the offensive end, the Judges were led by third baseman Rob Trenk ’15, who had two RBIs on two base hits, including a double. Second baseman Brian Allen ’15 also added an RBI for the Judges in the bottom of the second inning off of a ground ball. 

Judges 3, Trinity 1

Pitcher Sean O’Neill ’18 led the way for the Judges, also pitching a complete game while only allowing one earned run. O’Neill was able to strike out eight batters while only allowing one walk. With the victory, he improved to a total record of 5-2 on the season. The lone RBI on the day came once again from Trenk, this time off of a sacrifice fly in the bottom of the fourth inning. First baseman Kyle Brenner ’15 added a steal and a base hit for the home team in the contest.  

The Judges also received a double from shortstop Nick Falkson ’18 and base hits from infielder Ryan Tettemer ’17 and catcher Connor Doyle ’16 as part of the team’s four hits in the contest. 

Salve Regina 14, Judges 7

The Judges’ pitching was not strong enough to keep them in the game on Friday afternoon against Salve Regina. Pitcher Brent Edmunds ’15 got the start and, in doing so, saw his record fall to 0-3 on the year. Edmunds lasted only three innings while allowing four earned runs on six hits and four walks. 

Fellow pitcher Liam Coughlin ’17 came in for relief for Edmunds and went 3.1 innings while giving up three earned runs off of six base hits. Coughlin struck out four batters while only walking one batter. 

Falkson and Doyle led the offense with two and three RBIs respectively. Doyle’s lone base hit was a three-run homer that came in the bottom of the eigth inning. Right fielder Ryan Healy ’16 and catcher Remy Pontes ’17 each added an RBI in back-to-back innings in the third and fourth. 

Healy and designated hitter Ryan Pocock ’18 each went 2-5 on the day as the Judges struggled to stay in the game throughout.

Gordon 10, Judges 7

Pocock got the start for the squad in the contest, in which he lasted 1.2 innings while giving up two earned runs. Pocock picked up the loss in the game for his first decision of the season. Pitcher Bradley Bousquet ’18 came in relief for Pocock and allowed only one earned run in 2.1 innings pitched. Falkson led the offense with three RBIs on one hit and two sacrifice flies. 

Curry 7, Judges 5

Miller received the start in the away contest but was unable to get out of the first inning. He lasted a third of an inning while allowing three earned runs and three base hits. Pitcher Justin Gallanty ’18 came in for relief of Miller and was handed the loss for his second of the season.  Gallanty allowed one earned run on three hits in a total of 2.2 innings pitched. O’Neill ended up pitching the bulk of the remainder of the game, going 3.2 innings while holding Curry from scoring a run. Tettemer led the team with two RBIs in the contest off of a home run, while center fielder Liam O’Connor ’16 and Pontes each added an RBI to try to keep up with the Curry attack. The team will close its season at home tomorrow against the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth at 3:30 p.m.