In the first round of elections for the 2015 to 2016 Student Union on Thursday, students voted to fill 10 of the 14 available positions. All candidates were unopposed in their respective categories, with the exception of the five candidates running for the position of vice president.

Student Union president Sneha Walia ’15 announced the results early on Friday morning in a campus-wide email.

Nyah Macklin ’16 was elected president with 70% of the vote, or 619 of 890 votes cast. Macklin is currently a Class of 2016 Senator. The vice presidential election showed the greatest voter participation, with 908 votes cast.

Dennis Hermida-Gonzales ’16 was elected vice president, winning 36 percent of the vote over the remaining four candidates, including Daniel Koas ’16, who earned the second-most votes with 19 percent. Shuying Liu ’16 was elected secretary, having garnered a total of 64 percent of the vote.

“I'm very excited that I was elected as the secretary… and I will try my best to support and assist club leaders to provide better activities on and off the campus,” Liu wrote in an email to the Justice.

The junior representative to the Board of Trustees will be Emily Conrad ’17, who won with 70 percent of the vote.

Conrad is currently one of the two Directors of Academic Affairs on the Executive board of the Union.

The new treasurer will be Nicole Lenchner ’16, a current assistant treasurer who won with 69 percent of the vote.

“Being an Economics major, I feel that I will have a lot to bring to the table for this position,” Lenchner shared in an email with the Justice. “I decided that senior year would be the most ideal time for me to take on a position so large because I will be taking fewer classes, so I will have more time to dedicate to the position.”

Macklin, Hermida-Gonzales and Conrad did not respond to requests for comment by press time.

The positions filled in this election also included four Allocation Board member positions, as well as the racial minority A-board member position. Current A-board co-chair Judy Nam ’16 will remain on A-board for another year after winning 61 percent of the vote.

For her second term, Nam said in an interview that she looks forward to helping new club treasurers receive better training and improving organization within the board by establishing lasting infrastructure through constitutional amendments.

Massell Quad Senator and the Senate-appointed A-board member Millie Wu ’18 was also elected to this position with 54 percent of the vote. Alexander Mitchell ’17, who was an A-board member in the 2013 to 2014 Student Union, was elected with 58 percent of the vote.

Newly elected to the A-board are Uros Randelovic ’18 and Ziyang Chen ’18. Randelovic was elected with 54 percent of the vote, and Chen will be the new racial minority A-board member after winning 63 percent of the vote.

“I really appreciate the chance to work in Student Union next year. I think we could create more opportunities for connecting international students and Americans students and let them both enjoy the on-campus life,” Chen wrote in an email to the Justice. Wu, Mitchell and Randelovic did not respond to requests for comment by press time.

No candidates ran for either of the two representative positions to the Brandeis Sustainability Fund and the Undergraduate Curriculum Committee; instead, the Abstain option won for both categories, which will be up for selection again, along with Senate and Judiciary positions, during the second round of voting.

The informational meeting date for the next round of elections will be held today at 6 p.m. in the Student Union office.