This week, Brandeis athletics saw numerous cancellations due to inclement weather. The softball team’s game on the road at Clark University on Saturday was postponed until a date yet to be determined. The Judges will face off against Bates College tomorrow for the team’s first home matchup of the season. 

The team stands at 6-7 on the season after coming back from a 10-game University Athletic Association tournament in Florida. The squad went 3-7 in conference play. 

Likewise, the baseball team had three of its contests moved to future dates. The Judges were supposed to square off against Worcester Polytechnic Institute on Friday for its first home game of the season before traveling to Suffolk County Community College on Sunday. Even before the weekend’s cancellations, the baseball team’s matchup with Bridgewater State University last Tuesday was also moved. 

Due to the number of cancellations, the team had added a contest with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology that was also later scratched. The game was supposed to be held at the New England Baseball Complex on Thursday. 

A third contest was cancelled yesterday. The team was originally scheduled to play against Salem State University at home at 3 pm. 

First, the game was moved to Salem State's stadium and then Monday afternoon it was postponed indefinitely.

In addition to the baseball and softball teams, the men and women’s track and field team was also unable to participate in planned contests because of the weather. 

The team was supposed to travel to Bridgewater State University for the Bridgewater State Invitational, but the meet was cancelled, according to the Bridgewater State athletics website. The meet was supposed to feature regional competition, including host Bridgewater State, Roger Williams University, Worcester State University, Bentley University and Wheaton College, among others. 

The teams will be back in action at the Tufts Snowflake Classic at Tufts University on Saturday afternoon. 

After that meet, the Judges will compete again on the following Saturday, April 4, at the Amherst Invitational, hosted by Amherst College. 

The men’s tennis team’s matchup against Wesleyan University was moved back one day from Saturday to Sunday. The Judges were shutout 9-0 in the matchup with the home town Cardinals. 

—Noah Hessdorf