Medical Emergency

Nov. 9—A party called to report that a student in Massell Quad was experiencing a rapid heartbeat. BEMCo and University Police responded. BEMCo staff treated the party, and police officers transported the party to Newton-Wellesley Hospital via police cruiser.

Nov. 9—A caller reported that a male student at the athletic fields had sustained a nose injury. BEMCo treated the party on-scene, and University Police transported him to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care.

Nov. 10—A reporting party stated that a female in East Quad was experiencing stomach pain. BEMCo responded, assessed the patient and requested Cataldo ambulance to transport the patient to Newton-Wellesley Hospital.

Nov. 10—A caller reported that a student in East Quad had cut her finger. BEMCo staff responded and treated the party with a signed refusal for further care.

Nov. 11—A staff member at the Psychological Counseling Center requested an ambulance for a party who required transportation to Newton-Wellesley Hospital. Cataldo ambulance transported the patient without incident. University Police assisted the Waltham Fire Department and Cataldo.

Nov. 11—University Police and BEMCo responded to a report that a female student injured her ankle in Usdan Student Center. BEMCo staff treated the party, and police transported her to Urgent Care for further treatment.

Nov. 11—A male student who said he felt light-headed and dizzy came to the University police station for medical service. BEMCo treated the party on-scene, and University Police transported him to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care.

Nov. 11—A student sprained his ankle at the Gosman Sports and Convocation Center. BEMCo staff treated the party and University Police transported the party to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care.

Nov. 12—A reporting party requested BEMCo for a worker who slipped and fell in the Usdan Student Center. BEMCo staff and University Police responded. Cataldo ambulance transported the patient to Newton-Wellesley Hospital.

Nov. 12—A doctor at the Psychological Counseling Center called to request an ambulance to transport a patient to Newton-Wellesley Hospital. University Police assisted the ambulance with the transport.

Nov. 14—The manager at Sherman Dining Hall reported that a worker was feeling faint. BEMCo staff treated the party, and University police officers transported the party to Urgent Care via cruiser.

Nov. 14—A student in North Quad reported the he had a rash and requested BEMCo. BEMCo responded and treated the party with a signed refusal for further care. Police transported the student to Newton-Wellesley Hospital via cruiser for further care.

Nov. 15—University Police and BEMCo responded to a report of an intoxicated male in Massell Quad. Cataldo ambulance transported the student to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care. The Community Development Coordinator on call was notified.

Burglary

Nov. 10—Library and Technology Services reported that someone had apparently tampered with a security mechanism in an attempt to remove a projector from Golding Judaic Center. LTS staff reinstalled security screws, and University Police compiled a report on the incident.

Larceny

Nov. 12—A reporting party stated that her brown clutch purse had been stolen while left unattended in the Goldfarb Library. University Police compiled a report on the theft.

—compiled by Tate Herbert