Medical Emergency

Oct. 19—University Police and BEMCo responded to a report that a student in Ridgewood Quad had accidentally lacerated his finger with a razor blade. BEMCo staff treated the party on-scene with a signed refusal for further care. 

Oct. 19—University Police at a sanctioned event on South Street reported that a student was feeling faint. BEMCo responded and treated the party on-scene. Police transported the student to the hospital for further care.

Oct. 19—A party called to report that a student in Sherman  Dining Hall was not feeling well. BEMCo treated the party on-scene. University Police then transported the student to the Doctors Express clinic for further care.

Oct. 22—BEMCo and University Police responded to a report of a party suffering from a possible allergic reaction in the Bernstein-Marcus Administration Center. BEMCo staff treated the party on-scene with a signed refusal for further care.

Oct. 22—A staff member working in the Sherman Dining Hall kitchen slipped and fell, hitting her head and causing bleeding. University Police and BEMCo responded to the scene, and BEMCo treated the party with a signed refusal of further care. 

Oct. 24—University Police and BEMCo responded to a student’s report that she had “thrown her back out.” BEMCo requested an ambulance, and Cataldo Ambulance transported the student to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care.

Oct. 25—A party called to report that there was an intoxicated female in the restroom in Sherman Dining Hall. University Police and BEMCo responded, and requested an ambulance. Cataldo Ambulance transported the party, who was not a Brandeis student, to the hospital for further care. University Police will file a Community Standards Report on the party’s Brandeis host.

Oct. 25—A party called to report that a person at the Charles River Apartments  had a possible concussion, but was conscious and semi-alert. University Police and BEMCo responded to the call. Cataldo Ambulance transported the party to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care.

Oct. 25—A party reported to Stoneman Building with a possible broken finger. University Police notified BEMCo, and BEMCo staff treated the party with a signed refusal for further care.

Oct. 25—BEMCo assisted someone with a scraped knee outside the Stoneman Building. BEMCo treated the party, and University Police transported him to the urgent care facility in Waltham for further care. 

Larceny

Oct. 20—A graduate student stated that her cell phone had been stolen at the Heller School for Social Policy and Management. University Police compiled a report on the incident.

Oct.23—University Police received a call that a scooter had been removed from a student’s unlocked room in Scheffres Hall. Police compiled a report on the theft.

Disturbance

Oct. 24—A party called to report a group of people being loud in the middle of Ziv Quad. University Police checked the area, but the parties were gone upon the officers’ arrival.

Alcohol

Oct. 22—University Police were called to Usen Hall to help Community Living staff confiscate unauthorized alcohol. 

—compiled by Tate Herbert