A female bicyclist was hit by a BranVan at the intersection of Harvard and Main streets in Waltham at 7:20 p.m. on the night of Oct. 16, according to the Waltham Police Department.

The victim was a 28-year-old female, according a detective of the Waltham Police Department in a phone interview with the Justice. The woman was riding her bicycle on the sidewalk west of Main Street when she was hit by a BranVan turning from Harvard Street onto Main Street.

The Waltham Fire Department arrived on scene and extracted the victim who was pinned below the van, according to the Waltham Police Department. She was transported to a Boston-area hospital in an ambulance. Director of Public Safety Edward Callahan wrote in an email to the Justice that “the Brandeis van service is running and the victim has been released from the hospital.”

Callahan wrote that he could not divulge further information, as the accident is still under investigation. The traffic division of the Waltham Police Department is investigating the accident.

Waltham Police did not have an update on the bicyclist's condition as of press time, though they noted that the injuries she sustained were not life-threatening and she was being treated at a Boston-area hospital.