A student said that he wanted to harm several other students and the incident is currently under investigation, according to Director of Public Safety Edward Callahan in an email to the Justice.

Last Tuesday, Callahan sent out an email to the Brandeis community advising students of the incident. The email said that the University has been in touch with each person who this student said that he wanted to harm, both “to explain how we are responding to this information” and “to offer them our support.” Callahan wrote in an email to the Justice that he could not comment on what exactly the student said.

According to this week’s media log, compiled by University Police and obtained by the Justice, University Police and members of the Dean of Students Office interviewed six female students at 3 p.m. on Tuesday regarding potential threats made by a male student. The log stated that a third-party source reported the threats to the University.

Callahan’s email to the Brandeis community stated that University Police have issued a no-trespass order against the student and that the Waltham Police Department has been advised.

The student is not allowed on campus at this time. Callahan wrote that he could not comment on the student’s whereabouts.

“There is no reason to believe there is any danger to campus at this time and we will continue to monitor this situation,” he wrote.