Medical Emergency

Sept. 8—A party in Scheffres Hall requested BEMCo for a past knee injury. BEMCo responded and treated the party on-scene with a signed refusal for further care.

Sept. 9—University Police received a call regarding a student who had suffered a leg injury on the Stein Diamond. They notified BEMCo, who treated the party on-scene and requested a Cataldo Ambulance to transport him to the hospital for further care.

Sept. 9—University Police requested Cataldo ambulance for transport of a student psychological patient to the hospital. The Department of Community Living staff notified University Police of the incident, and the party was transported without further care administered on campus.

Sept. 9—University Police notified BEMCo after receiving a call from a student in Massell Quad having chest pains. University Police, BEMCo, the Waltham Fire Department and Cataldo ambulance responded to the scene. The party was treated by medical staff with a signed refusal for further care.

Sept. 10—Staff at the Psychological Counseling Center reported a possible committal for a resident of North Quad. The Community Development Coordinator on call contacted the PCC, and Cataldo ambulance was sent for an involuntary transport to Newton-Wellesley Hospital.

Sept. 12—University Police and BEMCo staff responded to a report of a female party with an injured ankle near the Chapels. BEMCo treated the party on-scene with a signed refusal for further care.

Larceny

Sept. 9—Students at 567 South Street reported that $10,000 in U.S. currency was taken from their apartment. No forcible entry was detected. University Police compiled a report on the theft, and began an investigation.

Disturbance

Sept. 12—University Police checked a suite in Ziv Quad after a 911 hang-up was received from the apartment’s common area phone with a loud party in the background. A small group of people was leaving as University Police arrived, and all was in order. No further action was taken.

Sept. 13—A caller in East Quad reported that people were being loud in the dormitory. The community advisor had already spoken to the students, but they continued to cause a disturbance. The area was quiet upon arrival of University Police, and no further action was taken.

Sept. 13—University Police received a report of a loud party in Ridgewood B. Officers requested that the noise at the registered party be reduced. After complaints came in again, officers returned with the CDC on call and ended the party.

Miscellaneous

Sept. 8—A student in Shapiro Hall called to report that someone had entered her room and placed a package on her desk. University Police compiled a report on the incident, and initiated an investigation.

Sept. 9—A Fed Ex envelope containing suspicious foreign identification cards was forwarded to the University Police office. They compiled a report and informed Bentley University of the situation.

Sept. 12—University Police checked the East Quad lot after receiving a report of a white object or someone on the smoke stack. The report appeared to be unfounded. BEMCo responded, and BEMCo treated the party on-scene with a signed refusal for further care.

—compiled by Tate Herbert