Medical Emergency

Aug. 31—A party at the Charles River Apartments requested BEMCo for abdominal pain. BEMCo treated the party on-scene, and an ambulance then transported the party to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care.

Sept. 2—A female student in Renfield Hall reported that she had been stung by a bee and was experiencing difficulty moving her right arm. University Police and BEMCo responded, and BEMCo treated the party on-scene with a signed refusal for further care.

Sept. 2—Massachusetts State Police notified University Police of an unspecified medical situation in front of the Rose Art Museum. University Police, Cataldo Ambulance and the Waltham Fire Department responded, and found a man down in front of the building. The patient was treated on-scene and transported to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care.

Sept. 2—A party at the Bernstein-Marcus Administration Center reported that she dropped a vase on her leg, which had been cut and was swollen. The party was treated on-scene, and University Police transported her to urgent care for further treatment.

Sept. 4—University Police received a call reporting that a student in Usen Hall had injured her knee. BEMCo staff treated the party on-scene with a signed refusal for further care.

Sept. 5—University Police and BEMCo responded to a report of a student having an allergic reaction in Shapiro Hall. BEMCo staff administered an epinephrine pen, and Cataldo Ambulance transported the party to Newton-Wellesley Hospital for further care.

Assault

Sept. 4—University Police received a call reporting that a fight between a male and a female was in progress at the Stein. University Police arrived at the scene and requested BEMCo for a male with a minor head injury. BEMCo treated the student with a signed refusal for further care. The female party left the area before University Police arrived. Police compiled a report on the incident.

Traffic

Sept. 1—University Police received a report of a hit and run accident in the Admissions Lot, and compiled a report on the incident.

Disturbance

Sept. 6—University Police received a call about noise outside of Charles River Apartments 111. After checking the area, police found the claim to be unfounded.

Sept. 6—University Police checked the upper Foster Mods area after receiving a report of glass bottles being broken there. While in the area, police also checked a Mod apartment from which they had received a 911 call. All appeared to be in order, with a registered party in progress.

Miscellaneous

Sept. 5—University Police received a report of two male parties in a yellow Camaro parked near the Village and harassing female students. University Police identified the parties involved and determined that they were Brandeis students waiting for another student to arrive. The parties left the area without incident.

Sept. 6—The Community Development Coordinator on call contacted University Police regarding a female student who was confronted and engaged in conversation by an unknown male at Admissions Lot. The student reportedly was made to feel uncomfortable by the male party. University Police compiled a report on the incident.

—Compiled by Tate Herbert