Members of the Judges recorded some impressive performances this weekend at the University Athletic Association Indoor Track and Field Championships-a landmark meet that this year was located at their home track.

Both the men's and women's squads recorded numerous top-10 finishes in a multitude of events held on Friday and Saturday, highlighted by a win from Mohamed Sidique '15 in the men's triple jump.

"The meet overall for the team went really well," said Victoria Sanford '14, who came in seventh in the women's mile run and anchored the women's distance medley relay to a second-place result. "There were a lot of great performances. We really came together this year as a team which was great."

Seeded fourth in the triple jump with a jump of 12.67 meters, Sidique defied the odds by winning the event with a jump of 14.18 meters. The effort was well beyond that of the second-place competitor, Emory University sophomore Maxwell Hoberman, the top seed headed into the finals.

Sidique, one of the team's three captains, recorded his first career UAA victory in the triple jump and added that upon entering the event, he knew he had the ability to take the crown.

"I was extremely confident I had [a winning effort] in me; I just hadn't jumped that far yet," he said

Sidique was not alone in his achievement of triple jump success. Brian Louis '16 accompanied his teammate on the podium, taking third with a leap of 12.67 meters.

Adam Berger '15 placed fifth with 12.58 meters, good for two points.

In addition to his victory, Sidique had a busy day. He ran the first leg of the Judges' seventh-place 4x400 meter relay and took ninth in both the 400-meter dash, running te distance in 52.17 seconds, and the long jump, covering 6.34 meters.

"I wasn't too happy about my long jump," he commented. "I didn't make the finals and I felt like I could have done more. My coach [assistant coach Marlee Berg] was amazing. She told me 'shake it off, use it as motivation for tomorrow.'"

Though Sidique was the only Brandeis competitor to emerge victorious in his event, there were plenty of other standouts as well on both the men's and women's side-particularly in the distance events.

The women's one-mile run, similarly to the triple jump, saw three Judges place in the top seven. Kelsey Whitaker '16 outraced Amelia Lundkvist '14 in the final 200 meters for second place, clocking five minutes, 4.51 seconds, while Lundkvist took third in 5:05.18. Sanford then placed in seventh, running 5:12.21.

New York University senior Emily Cousens, who just missed breaking the five-minute-barrier, won the event in 5:00.09.

Furthermore, the quartet of Whitaker, Lundkvist, Sanford and Kristi Pisarik '15 finished second in in the women's distance medley relay, running the course in 12:16.36, and the 4x400 meter relay, finishing at 4:16.12.

The men's distance medley relay took fifth, as the foursome of Matt Doran '17, Trevor Tuplin '16, Matthew Becker '16 and Grady Ward '16 timed in at 10:33.76.

On the women's side, Maddie Dolins '17 was the sole competitor in the 3000-meter run, running the 15-lap race in 10:18.38.

The men's team picked up points in the sprints from a familiar source. Although Vincent Asante '14 was unable to defend his 55-meter dash title, he still managed to finish fifth in the finals, timing in at 6.68 seconds.

Mark Franklin '17 finished off a fine rookie season with a leap of 1.80 meters, good for sixth in the high jump.

Sidique was pleased with the efforts turned in by his teammates.

"I'm really proud of my teammates, they did a great job," he said. "60 percent of us [set personal records]. The energy level was really high and it was good for all of us."

For some, this meet represents the end of the season.

However, a few Brandeis competitors-including Sanford, Whitaker, Lundkvist and Sidique-will run at the Tufts University Last Chance Qualifier later this week. The four will attempt to potentially punch their ticket to the upcoming NCAA Championships next weekend hosted by Nebraska Wesleyan University.

"Thursday, Amelia, Kelsey and I are going to run individually to try to qualify for NCAAs," Sanford said. "We all have run 5:03, but it will take us running at least 5:01 to secure a spot. [Whether we run] on Saturday will depend on how Thursday goes. If it goes well, we may do the [distance medley relay]. If not, we may focus on individual events."

"I'm going to try to see if I can qualify for nationals," Sidique said.

"I made it to ECACs in the long jump, so I'm going to do that on Thursday," he continued.

"I'm also doing the Last Chance Qualifier at Tufts on Saturday, where I'll try the triple jump."

Regardless of future results, the teams certainly put on a fine performance for all of the spectators in attendance over the weekend.