The track and field teams need to begin entering peak form before this year's University Athletic Association Championships are held later this month.

After Saturday's meet at the Tufts University Stampede, the Judges are well on their way.

Up against some of the top Division III programs in New England, the men finished ninth out of 13 competing teams, while the women took ninth of 17 squads.

Vincent Asante '14 was impressed with the performance of the Judges and how it was indicative of how the team has grown.

"Everyone looks like they're building on the good form we've had all semester long," he said.

"A lot of people are improving on times and in physical and mental toughness. The meet displayed a good reflection of how our team has been building since day one."

Mohamed Sidique '15 led the individual charge with his pair of sixth-place finishes, picking up points in the 600-meter run-timing in at one minute, 26.96 seconds-while jumping 6.25 meters in the long jump.

Asante said he was especially impressed with Sidique's showing in the 600-meter run.

"[Sidique] had one of the most surprising performances for the 600-meter run because it was his first time running the event but he posted a really good time," he said.

Adam Berger '15, meanwhile, took seventh in the triple jump with a distance of 12.53 meters.

Matthew Becker '16 also competed in the 600, finishing two spots behind Sidique with a time of 1:27.51. Quinton Hoey '17 took 10th in the 3000-meter run, stopping the clock at 9:05.52. Mark Franklin '17 then placed 10th in the high jump competition with a leap of 1.73 meters.

In addition to the individual top-10 finishes, the men's 4x200 meter relay team took fifth place, running 1:44.13, while the 4x400 meter squad placed sixth in 3:39.28.

The women's squad, despite featuring a lack of competitors necessary to place well in the meet, was similarly successful. Although the Judges featured just eight competitors, the team managed to rack up 19 points.

Victoria Sanford '14 and Kelsey Whitaker '16 were separated by just two one-hundredths of a second in the one-mile run, taking second and third with times of 5:03.41 and 5:03.43, respectively. Kristi Pisarik '15 also competed in the race for the Judges, placing in 14th with a time of 5:30.82.

Their distance compatriot, Ashley Piccirillo-Horan '17, continued her middle-distance success, placing fourth in the 1000-meter run with a time of 3:07.71 for the five-lap race. Molly Paris '16 also broke the 3:30 barrier, timing in at 3:24.90, good for 12th place.

In addition to the middle-distance races, Brandeis had three competitors put forth strong efforts in the shot put. Ashley Klein '17, Alyssa Fenenbock '15 and Selena Livas '16 took 25th, 27th and 28th, respectively, in the event, with throws of 7.57, 6.92 and 5.11 meters, respectively.

Asante commented that the meet leaves the Judges in a good position moving forward.

"We look like we're in great shape," he said.

While Brandeis performed well in this weekend's Division III competition, the Boston University Valentine Invititational on Saturday will give the Judges exposure to top-level Division I programs. However, after their showings at Tufts, the teams will be equipped to give it their all.